Thursday, November 26, 2009

Great Friends are Truly a Gift!

So this last month or so has been a very stressful, crazy, roller coaster ride and sometimes you just get completely worn out. Well I think that is what happened this last week... I was worn out and cranky. OK, I was very cranky and therefore, I was being a bah humbug. So after taking off work on Tuesday to just relax and try to get out of the blah mood... I get a phone call from my dear friend Mandy who told me no if.,and's, or buts that she was picking me up Wednesday afternoon to go shopping with her, Morgandy and Merritt! I couldn't say no even though I knew I had a TON of stuff to do around the house. So Wednesday afternoon after I worked that morning, I get the best sup rise ever.... Mandy and Morgandy showing up at my door wearing Santa hats with Starbucks caramel apple spice and pumpkin bread in hand! All I could do was cry when I saw them... they knew just what to do to bump me out of the bah humbug mood and get me into the Christmas spirit! I couldn't have asked for a better friend!
So we spent the day at the mall trying to finish/start Christmas shopping and it was so much fun! Even though shopping is not quite like what it used to be when there was just Mandy and I going on 10 hour shopping sprees to find the perfect outfit to wear that night.. it is still a great time! Now we have an almost teenager that is becoming extremely picky about clothes, etc. and then a little 5 month old who I guess we have to say is "High Maintenance". :) But you know, I don't think I would change it back to the way it was because it was such a blessing to spend the day with three best girls ever!
And to just ensure everyone.. I am officially in the Holiday Spirit and ready to put up Christmas decorations, start my annual Christmas baking, wrap packages, fight crowds in stores to find the perfect gift for everyone, etc. But mostly, I am just excited to enjoy the Holiday Season and be thankful for everything and everyone! Oh yeah and to watch all the ridiculously childish Christmas movies that Justin makes fun of me for watching :)
Mandy - Thank you for helping me realize that I can only pout for just a little bit, then I need to get over it or should I say "Suck it up Buttercup"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails