Sunday, November 22, 2009

Care Cards, Hang tags, Address labels, OH MY!

I guess I never realized how much it takes to get a small business up and running :) I mean I crunch numbers for a living and give people heart attacks when I surprise them with an audit. I know nothing about they perfect way to display shirts, how to tag items, everything you will need for craft shows, how to ship your items in a fun cool package.. yep, I know nothing about all these business related things! However, I am trying to learn as much as I can and as fast as I can. I just realized the other day that you know.. it would be nice to have the price of the shirts/pants/bows, etc. attached to each item ( I am sure customers would appreciate this at shows ) so I just ordered my hang tags that will be cute and list the price. Then I thought.. how do I tell people the best way to wash the products.. so I now have ordered some care cards with washing instructions and other fun information. OH wait.. when I am shipping I learned that I probably should have a cute way to present the item so I now have cute stickers and address labels being made. Wow.. just thinking about all that I have done and still HAVE to do makes me exhausted.
Needless to say, all this has been a fun and exciting journey and I am still loving every minute of it.. even when I am up till 2:30 in the morning making bows (which I was last night). I really do enjoy being able to create something for someone that is unique and special! Now if only I could find a way to quit my day job :)
Pay it Forward ..Charities, Churches and other Organizations
OH and the most important part of this post... since I have been so blessed to have been able to create this little side business, I am very interested in trying to get connected with local charities/organizations that are in needed of bows, onesies, etc. I would love to donate some of my items and time for a great cause! So if anyone knows of any organizations, churches, etc. that might be interested.. PLEASE let me know! This is something that I would love to do during the Holiday Season and then continue on year round!
Happy Holidays!!
Tatum
Tater Tots and Fire Hoses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails